The 11th annual North Carolina Trauma Registry Symposium will be held on May 14, 2015, at the WakeMed Raleigh Campus. The event will include sessions on:
- Spine Trauma presented by Gurvinder Deol, MD, orthopedic spine surgeon, Wake Orthopedics
- Care of the Surgical Trauma Patient presented by Rhonda Vincent, MSN, APRN, CCNS, CCRN, WakeMed trauma coordinator/clinical nurse specialist
- Data Validation presented by Michelle Pomphrey, MLT, RN, CSTR of Pomphrey Consulting
- Performance Improvement and Research: Getting the Answer You Want presented by Jefferson G. Williams, MD, MPH, deputy medical director of Wake County EMS
- Trauma Registry Efficiency presented by Michelle Pomphrey
- Innovation in Trauma Care and Simulation presented by Eric Christensen, WakeMed regional simulation coordinator
- SIM Lab sessions will cover chest tubes, pericardial centesis, surgical airways, intubations, and subclavian and femoral central lines. SIM sessions will be led by Eric Christensen and Grahm Snyder, MD, medical director of the WakeMed Center for Innovative Learning.
The North Carolina Trauma Registry Symposium is a leading educational event for trauma registrars in the U.S. Past symposiums have welcomed attendees from as far away as Maine.
Participants are eligible for 6.5 CEUs through the North Carolina Office of Emergency Medical Services. The cost is $50. To register for the symposium, click here.