One of the keys to an effective trauma performance improvement (PI) program is thorough documentation. Detailed documentation helps reviewers verify that a trauma program adequately captures, investigates and resolves potential issues in quality and safety.
The PI forms available for download below were provided by Marco Bonta, MD, of TraumaConsulting.com. While trauma PI forms are widely available, these forms can serve as an example and starting point for any trauma leaders who want to fine-tune their PI program. The forms provide:
- Examples of a comprehensive approach to PI audit filters
- Nuanced “opportunity for improvement” language that is fair to physicians
- Wording suitable for both peer review and system-related issues
- Features for corrective action plans and action-oriented loop closure
- A Word document format that you can customize to your program’s needs
Click the links below to download these resources: