The Board of Certification for Emergency Nursing (BCEN) has announced its 2022-2023 board of directors and recognized outgoing board members for their service. New board members whose volunteer, two-year terms begin on January 1, 2022, are:
Chairperson: Rebecca Steinmann, MS, APN, RN-BC, CPEN, CEN, TCRN, CCRN, CCNS, FAEN, nursing professional development practitioner, Emergency Care Center, Ann & Robert H. Lurie Children’s Hospital of Chicago.
Chairperson-Elect: Allen C. Wolfe Jr., MSN, RN, CFRN, CTRN, CCRN, CMTE, senior director of clinical education, Life Link III, Bloomington, Minnesota.
Secretary/Treasurer: Julie Ruddy, BS, RN, CEN, CPEN, TCRN, of Doylestown, Pennsylvania.
Immediate Past Chairperson: Kyle Madigan, MSN, RN, CEN, CFRN, CTRN, CCRN, CMTE, director, Dartmouth-Hitchcock Advanced Response Team, Dartmouth-Hitchcock Medical Center, Lebanon, New Hampshire.
- Sean M. Elwell, MSN, RN, NE-BC, TCRN, EMT, director, Trauma, Transport and Emergency Services, Nemours/Alfred I. duPont Hospital for Children, Wilmington, Delaware .
- Steven Talbot, MSN, RN, CEN, TCRN, trauma program manager and operations administrator manager, Memorial Hermann Memorial City Medical Center, Houston, Texas.
- Roger Casey, MSN, RN, CEN, TCRN, FAEN, charge nurse, Kadlec Freestanding Emergency Department, Kennewick, Washington.
- Brody Eick, MBA, BSN, BS, RN, CEN, TCRN, CCRN, critical care supplemental staffing RN, Loma Linda University Medical Center and Loma Linda Children’s Hospital, Loma Linda, California; and emergency department/trauma-surgical ICU travel nurse, Aya Healthcare, Palm Springs, California.
Public Representative: Leigh Ann Yates, senior consultant, Hallmark Financial Services, Fort Worth, Texas.
“BCEN certifications are marks of distinction for adult and pediatric emergency, flight, critical care ground transport and trauma RNs that demonstrate an exceptional dedication to excellence and validate specialty knowledge and experience for patients and families,” said BCEN CEO Janie Schumaker. “These board members lead the emergency nursing industry as experts, and we look forward to working with them.”
Outgoing board members recognized for their service are:
- Lorie Ledford, who served on the board for 10 years, most recently as the immediate past chairperson.
- Andrew Veitch, who served on the board for six years.
- And Robert Corrao who served as the public representative for six years.