Ascension Saint Thomas Rutherford is the leading healthcare provider in Rutherford County and is continuing to grow. In October of 2010, they opened a new $268 million facility that is equipped with state-of-the-art technology. The hospital provides 286 all-private patient rooms and is designed to facilitate a healing and spiritual environment.
Hospital Website: Ascension Saint Thomas Rutherford
Extant Healthcare offers full-time employee benefits including:
- Competitive compensation
- 401(k) retirement plan
- Medical, dental, vision, disability, life insurance
- $5,000/year CME allowance
- Malpractice coverage
- Back-end support including billing, credentialing, payroll and clinic management
- Murfreesboro offers an extensive 'Greenway System' with 7 trail heads, biking and Stone's River running the length.
- Known as a 'Big Little Town', there is a small town feel yet Nashville is only 34 miles away.
- Murfreesboro is centrally located with 3 lakes within a 45-minute drive, mountains only a 3-hour drive, and beautiful Destin Beach is approximately a 7 hr drive.
- This is a big college town and home of MTSU (largest undergrad college in TN).
- Low crime, excellent schools and affordable housing costs makes this growing city a perfect place to raise a family. Median home price is $273K.
- Four distinct seasons provide 210 sunny days, average 4 inches of snow per year and 54 inches of rain.
- Visit Rutherford County: https://visitrutherfordtn.com/
- State Level II application in process
- Trauma service takes 50% acute care surgery
- 7 on / 7 off schedule
- Anticipated 1,200 trauma activations per year
- Mostly blunt traumas with minimal penetrating
- ED Volume: 90K (4th busiest in the state)
Trauma Surgeon Criteria
- Board Eligible / Certified General Surgery with Trauma / Surgical Critical Care Fellowship Preferred