Responsible for the implementation, maintenance and ongoing assessment of trauma databases for the purpose of: providing internal and external information in support of quality assurance and improvement initiatives related to clinical and financial outcomes, the treatment and prevention of injury, and related research; and participation in local, region-wide, state and nationally recognized trauma systems.
- Accurately obtains, reviews and abstracts pertinent data elements from the patient's medical record for entry into a data base
- Ensures compliance with National Trauma Data Bank (NTDB), Florida Department of Health (DOH) and American College of Surgeons (ACS)-TQIP required standards.
- Performs quality data checks and validations, including a procedure for identifying and correcting data to ensure consistency between the local database and participating registries.
- Collaborates with the TPM to submit data to accrediting bodies by mandated deadlines
- Provides information, data and requested reports to Trauma Services and appropriate LRH committees for purposes of quality review and improvement
- Participates in Trauma Quality Management as appropriate
- Demonstrates responsible use of LRH's resources including people, finances, equipment and facilities.
- Knows and adheres to organizational and department policies and procedures.
* Associate Degree
* Bachelor Degree
Education equivalent experience:
* or health related field
Licenses Essential: State of Florida Registered Nurse Licensure if position is filled with RN
Certifications Preferred: Certified Specialist in Trauma Registries (CSTR) certification
Experience Essential: Three to five years of clinical experience
Experience Preferred: Two to five years of registry experience; Trauma clinical experience. Critical care experience