- Utilizes performance and quality improvement processes to monitor trauma service activities, ensuring an organized multidisciplinary team approach to the care of the trauma patient.
- Ensures compliance with the State of Illinois EMS/Trauma Center Code
- Assists with the development/revision and implementation of trauma initiatives, trauma policies and procedures, staff education activates.
- Resource for educational and problem solving purposes to multi-disciplinary personnel involved in trauma care performing on-site teaching.
- Participate in trauma related program presentations and community injury prevention programs.
- Evaluates Trauma Program through the use of data capture, follow-up and trend analysis.
- Responsible for the Trauma/Violence Registry, including data collection and quarterly submission to IDPH.
- Represents NorthShore on various regional and State committees
- License: Current professional Nursing Licensure in the State of IL required
- Education: Graduate of a NLN accredited school of nursing required; BSN strongly preferred, Trauma RN specialty
- Certification: N/A
- Experience: 2 years of diverse experience in Emergency Department is highly preferred. Healthcare experience is desirable.