Skyline Medical Center
This position is responsible for enhancing professional practice and the provision of quality patient care throughout the hospital in their assigned market. The Clinical Education Specialist is part of the TriStar Division team supporting multiple facilities across the Southern KY, Nashville, East TN, and North GA areas. This particular role will support our Level II Trauma Hospital, Skyline Medical Center.
The Clinical Professional Development Specialty Educator will have deep subject matter expertise in Critical Care, Trauma, and Neuro nursing and will provide evidence-based, quality educational programs and activities that promote professional competency for nursing, inter-professional and non-licensed clinical staff in the specialty setting.
To learn more and apply, CLICK HERE
- Participates in the development, coordination, and management of facilitating, conducting, and evaluating competency.
- You identify learning needs of staff and assesses practice gaps, comparing competencies to actual practice. Plans educational content with learner engagement.
- Collaborates with the Clinical Education Market Director to review outcomes data to evaluate and refine competency management activities.
- You have the opportunity to designs and identify educational activities to address practice gaps for identified target audiences, including licensed and non-licensed healthcare personnel, in alignment with HCA and division clinical education request and development processes.
- You will develop activities to achieve specific outcomes related to identified deficits or opportunities for improvement in knowledge, skill and practice. Plans educational content delivery that encourages learner engagement.
- Utilizes the educational process to improve professional practice and promote safe, compassionate, quality patient care.
- You will participate in the development, coordination, managing, facilitating, conducting, and evaluating of onboarding and orientation programs for nursing and other healthcare personnel.
- You provide orientation/onboarding programs to promote employee retention.
- You will conduct orientation in a manner that facilitates a positive learning environment. Incorporates organizational values/culture into the orientation process.
- Serves as a role model for organizational and personal commitment to new employee success.
- BSN, Healthcare Administration or Education - Required
- Master's degree in Nursing, Healthcare Administration or other clinical field - Preferred
- 3 Years Clinical Education experience - Preferred
- 5 Years experience in acute care hospital setting - Preferred
- Currently licensed as appropriate to education in the state in which he or she practices - Required
- Certification as NPD Practitioner and/or clinical certification as recognized by American Nurse Credentialing Center - Preferred
- BLS - Required