Responsible for developing, implementing and maintaining a cost-effective system of care for trauma patients throughout the continuum of care. Works both independently and in collaboration with the trauma program medical director, as well as, other members of the health care and leadership teams. Completes statistical data, facilitates performance improvement activities, reports pertinent findings to respective committees. Self-directed and self-motivating, plans and conducts work with minimal direction, and reports the progress of work to the Emergency Department Director. Acts as a resource and provides information/education to unit staff and the community. Supports the organization’s mission, vision, and core values.
- Graduate of an accredited school of Nursing
- Current Texas RN License
- BLS through American Heart Association
- ACLS through American Heart Association within 60 days of hire/transfer
- PALS through American Heart Association within 60 day of hire/transfer
- TNCC within 18 months of hire/transfer
- Two (2) years of Trauma experience