Facilitates and creates continued support of childhood injury prevention programs. Develops and maintains effective relationships and partnerships to deliver injury prevention efforts to children, families, and caregivers in the Le Bonheur Children’s Hospital catchment area. Models appropriate behavior as exemplified in MLH Mission, Vision and Values.
- In conjunction with the advocacy function, leads the strategic planning process that utilizes a multifaceted approach to child injury prevention.
- Utilizes databases and data analysis to determine childhood injury incidence rates and prevalance. Trends the cause(s) of injury by multiple variables to determine community needs.
- Assists social work team with hospital discharge planning to provide familes with safety education and/or products that can have an impact in preventing future injuries.
- Works collaboratively with Institutional Advancement, Community Outreach, trauma administration, advocacy leaders and community partners to increase public awareness of injury prevention through community and public education, public policy (formation and change), public relations and community action.
- Serves as Le Bonheur and the community’s advocate and expert on childhood injury prevention.
- Collaborates with Safe Kids Worldwide and various community organizations and leaders to help familiies and communities keep kids safe.
- Writes and manages grant proposals in support of injury prevention efforts in collaboration with the Le Bonheur Foundation and responsible for grant writing and grant contract management with external funding sources.
- Assists Trauma team in staff education, continuity of care issues, and quality assurance monitors.
- Responsible for department budget planning, preparation, and maintenance.
- Performs other job functions as assigned or requested.
- Working knowledge of the science of injury prevention and the development of messages and comprehensive community-based programs to reduce the incidence of injuries.
- Ability to gather community resources to support program efforts.
- Demonstrates organizational and leadership ability.
- Demonstrates excellent oral and written communication skills.
- Demonstrates a high level of achieving goals.
- Ability to work under pressure to meet deadlines and coordinate multiple projects.
- Proficient in writing and adminstering grants and contracts.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office software.