Ascension Providence Rochester Hospital is a Level III Trauma Center and Designated Primary Stroke Center Looking for an RN (BSN) or Nurse Practitioner to Manage our Trauma and Stroke Programs!
As an Associate with Ascension Providence Rochester Hospital, you will have the opportunity to manage trauma services activities and resources.
- Manage the Trauma Program and Stroke Program for Ascension Providence Rochester Hospital
- Oversee the Stroke Database and Trauma Database
- Work with Physicians, Advanced Practice Providers and Data Abstractors
- Guide department in analysis of data to identify opportunities and areas for improvement
- Develops specific departmental goals, standards and objectives.
- Assess quality of patient care and coordinate patient care services with patients, staff, physicians, and other departments.
- Manages staff relations including performance management, staff satisfaction and conflict management. Performs and oversees scheduling, recruitment, and payroll.
- Monitors departmental budgets, regulatory compliance, departmental contracts and vendor relations.
- Required Credential(s):
- License to practice in the state of Michigan as a Registered Nurse at time of hire/transfer date required.
- Advanced Cardiac Life Support (ACLS) certification at time of hire/transfer date required. Neonatal Resuscitation certification preferred
- Basic Life Support (BLS) certification at time of hire/transfer date required.
- Preferred Credential(s):
- Pertinent certifications related to the care of trauma patients strongly preferred (Trauma Nursing Core Course, Emergency Nursing Pediatric Course, Advanced Trauma Care for Nurses, etc)
- NIHSS preferred.
- TNCC instructor certification preferred
- Bachelor's Level Degree
- Bachelor’s Degree in Nursing required
- Minimum of five years nursing experience in the care of trauma patients required.
- Advanced skills in critical care nursing preferred.
- Strong preference for prior experience in Trauma Program Management and/or Stroke Program Management