We invite you to apply to oversee the Level 1 Trauma Program and to maintain compliance with San Diego County EMS contract and the American College of Surgeons verification requirements. Join our highly engaged team committed to providing the highest quality of health care. Our nurses thrive in a culture that is team-oriented and where everyone takes pride in what they do.
As Manager, Trauma Program at Scripps Mercy San Diego, you will create and maintain an environment that assures nursing practice reflects established standards of care for trauma center designation and practice and a culture that promotes patient safety. You will be responsible for the daily operations that includes oversight of the Trauma Nurse Team Leads, trauma registrars, trauma quality improvement nurse and ensuring appropriate equipment and resources are available for effective patient care within the Trauma program.
Additionally, you will ensure the safe transition of patients through the continuum of care to include active participation of nursing staff in planning and coordinating patient care, and direct hand-off to next appropriate level of care.
This Manager position is located at Scripps Mercy San Diego in Hillcrest.
Required Education/Experience/Specialized Skills:
- Bachelor’s degree.
- Five (5) years applicable clinical experience, two (2) of which in a leadership role.
- Requires excellent skills in communication, problem-solving, team development, planning and follow-through.
- Ability to exercise the authority and responsibility for assigned services based on the scope of the organization and complexity of patient care.
- Graduate of an accredited program
- Maintains current California RN license.
- Current American Heart Association Healthcare Provider BLS certification and all competencies/certifications required of the charge RN on the unit.
Preferred Education/Experience/Specialized Skills/Certification:
- Master’s degree or MSN.
- Certification in area of specialty preferred if applicable.
- Epic EHR working experience preferred.
- Five (5) years of clinical experience in Trauma highly preferred.