The Trauma Program Manager is responsible for the oversight of the Medical Center Trauma program through managing the Trauma Performance Improvement and Patient Safety (PIPS) plan. In collaboration with the Chief of Trauma, the Trauma Program Manager organizes and evaluates the overall Trauma Team performance, r to develop protocols and policies for all aspects of trauma care. The Trauma Program Manager oversees reporting of trauma related activities for regulatory and organizational purposes. Participates in trauma outreach, prevention and legislative activities, and integrates trauma program research and clinical functions into hospital operation. In addition, oversees the acquisition and distribution of trauma related information and data, and collaborates in the development of clinical pathways and case management for trauma patients.
- MASTER OF SCIENCE IN NURSING
- Must demonstrate excellent customer service skills
- Ability to manage multiple concurrent projects and maintain a work pace appropriate to the workload
- Ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships across the HealthSystem
- Knowledge of Title 22 and Joint Commission Requirements
- Familiarity with all phases of Performance Improvement
- Demonstrated experience as a Trauma Program Manager in a Level I or Level II Trauma Center
- Knowledge of trauma registry usage and injury coding
Licenses and Certifications:
- Registered Nurse(Required)
Physical, Mental, & Environmental Demands
To comply with the Rehabilitation Act of 1973 the essential physical, mental and environmental requirements for this job are listed below. These are requirements normally expected to perform regular job duties. Incumbent must be able to successfully perform all of the functions of the job with or without reasonable accommodation.