St. Luke’s Health System
The Service Line Program Manager is responsible for managing, coordinating and participating in a variety of administrative and/or clinical activities related to a specific program or hospital unit within Nursing Services.
- Assess, plans, coordinates, implements, and evaluates the patient care system for service line.
- Administers and coordinates operational activities of assigned program or hospital unit.
- Plans, develops and implements goals and objectives of assigned program or unit in conjunction with appropriate leadership.
- Oversees the efficient operation and cost-effectiveness of programs.
- Maintain strong physician and significant stakeholder relationships and a high level of visibility for service line.
- Assists in the development, implementation, direction, and coordination of policies and programs consistent with company philosophy and objectives.
- Coaches and supports staff to serve the service line's population.
- Communicates programs priorities, policies, and procedures as they relate to strategic growth to clinical and system leadership.
- Participates in establishing and maintaining communication between ancillary departments and physicians, nursing personnel and other health care professions regarding program.
- Plans and conducts meetings to ensure compliance with established practices and keep employees abreast of current standards.
- Completes and maintains records, reports, and documents program and/or unit activities.
- Perform other duties and responsibilities as assigned.
- Education: Bachelor's of Nursing Degree
- Experience: 5 years of experience in specialty area
- Licenses/Certifications: Current RN License from State of Practice