The PI Coordinator will be responsible for coordinating the Trauma Performance Improvement and Patient Safety Program. Maintain the Trauma PI database. Participate in trauma performance improvement, patient safety forums and committees and provide follow up information to the Trauma Program Manager.
- Coordinates the Trauma Performance Improvement and Patient Safety (PIPS) Program for the hospital in collaboration with the Trauma Medical Director and Trauma Program Manager.
- Conducts chart review rounds on admitted patients daily while utilizing clinical expertise to aggregate, assess, and interpret information in order to evaluate the quality of clinical care, review of appropriate services, and adhere to Rapides Regional Trauma Service and Critical Care Service standards, American College of Surgeons (ACS) standards and Rapides Regional Medical Center standards.
- Reviews user defined indicators and audit filters with the Trauma Registrar and validate data on a concurrent basis.
- Responsible for issue identification, issue validation and issue analysis.
- Provides concurrent feedback to providers and facilities.
- Maintenance of the Trauma PI database to ensure adequate documentation as required by ACS and Louisiana Emergency Response Network (LERN), ability to produce clear effective reports, and track issues over time.
- Update PI database on a daily basis using concurrent and retrospective review of patient care.
- Ensure that all pertinent issues are entered into Trauma Base and/or hospital system.
- Describe all pertinent details of each issue in an agreed upon format.
- Tracks loop closures and resolutions for identified issues.
- Assist the Trauma Medical Director and the Trauma Program Manager to evaluate the effectiveness of the Trauma Team and the Trauma Program.
- Produces and analyzes trended data and provider specific profiles in collaboration with the Trauma Medical Director and Trauma Program Manager.
- Assist in the preparation of any documents and reports as required by Hospital Administration, ACS, LERN, Trauma Medical Director or Trauma Program Director.
- Assist Trauma Program Manager with Trauma Outreach, Prevention, and staff education.
- Assist and participate with ACS site surveys.
- Participates in Trauma Quality Improvement Program education and initiatives in identifying opportunities for improvement in trauma care in collaboration with the Trauma Medical Director and Trauma Program Manager.
- Participates in trauma performance improvement, patient safety forums and committees.
- Serves as an active member of trauma-specific committees and is an active participant in strategic planning for the Trauma Program.
- Participate in the Trauma Performance Improvement Committee monthly meetings and provide input to the agenda.
- Assist in preparing selected cases for multidisciplinary peer review meetings monthly.
- Provides information to the Trauma Program Manager for follow-up back to facilities that transfer patients into the trauma center.
- Registered Nurse with minimum BSN preparation.
- Minimum 5 years’ experience in SICU, MICU, OR, or ED.
- Current ACLS and TNCC preferred
- BCLS to be completed within 30 days of hire