This role is responsible for supporting community based partners in meeting specific objectives tied to improving health outcomes for children. This role will help partners manage: data, programs and resources that link to specific child health goals.
The Prevention, Education and Outreach Coordinator facilitates, coordinates, implements, develops and evaluates prevention and community based outreach programs at Children's Hospital Colorado (CHCO). The Coordinator provides moderate to complex programming coordination, including coordinating with the relevant community partners. The Coordinator may be required to provide training to external and internal partners and assist with the development of programming designs.
- Coordinates moderate to complex program specific outreach and events and maintains program branding materials including brochures and websites.
- Serves as liaison between program, department, CHCO and community partners.
- Supports development and implementation of population health programs based on community benefit strategic plan, including activities designed to improve health, safety and family education/empowerment.
- Assists with the development of prevention, education, and outreach programming; and delivers and provides training/outreach to internal and external partners.
- Participates in local, state, regional and national efforts related to issues identified by the CHCO community needs assessment.
- Responsibilities for this position, which will be part of the larger Injury Prevention Program led by Colorado’s only ACS-verified Level I Pediatric Trauma Center, include coalition leadership, strategic engagement with partner organizations, community education and outreach, program development and evaluation, grant management, and event planning.
- EDUCATION – Bachelor’s degree in public health, health promotion, or related field. Master's degree preferred.
- EXPERIENCE – Two years’ experience coordinating and implementing community focused prevention and/or educational programming. Three years' of experience preferred. Experience in injury prevention preferred.
- EQUIVALENCY – Professional experience, beyond requirements, in a related field may substitute for a Bachelor degree requirement on a year for year basis.