The Trauma Nurse Coordinator is a registered nurse who functions under the direction of the Trauma Program Manager to coordinate clinical, operational, and performance improvement initiatives.
Required Minimum Education:
- Bachelor of Science in Nursing required;
- Current ACLS, TNCC and ATCN certification preferred or within one year of employment.
Required Minimum Experience:
- Minimum of three years of clinical nursing in emergency, critical care and/or trauma care.
- Previous experience in verified Level I or Level II ACS verified Trauma Center or state designated trauma program preferred.
Required Minimum Skills:
- Demonstrated intermediate to advanced computer skills.
- Ability to work in a team and take direction and delegation of tasks.
- Strong communication skills including verbal, written and presentation style.
- Quality Assurance, LEAN, and/or Performance Improvement background preferred.
- Excellent interpersonal skills, ability to prioritize workload, meet deadlines and work autonomously.
- Ability to review and interpret the continuum of patient care as documented in the medical record.