The Registrar has the primary responsibility of registering each patient as they present to The Facility.
This position is responsible for obtaining complete and accurate demographic and insurance information for each patient in any and/or all registration settings – Emergency Department, Outpatient, Admissions and Pre-Registration. The position must also meet CHS and Tennova Healthcare -Clarksville guidelines as they relate to the collection of patient deductibles, co-payments and/or coinsurance requirements while maintaining exemplary customer service standards.
- High School diploma or GED equivalent required
- Medical terminology - successful completion of a class at an accredited institution and/or have working experience
- 1-2 years prior experience in the healthcare industry
- 1 year previous registration experience
- Demonstrated ability to communicate verbally and in writing to all patients, patients’ families, co-workers and all hospital departments and/or patient care floors.
Good organizational and customer service skills and the ability to function effectively under stress
Proficiency in use of computers, printers, fax machines, credit card machines and scanners.
Attention to detail and concentration
Ability to work in a fast-paced, ever-changing environment (such as trauma setting-ER)
Ability to sit for long periods of time