Our group at Chippenham Hospital is expanding. With over 16 years’ experience in trauma management, NorthStar Trauma Surgery was founded and is still led by trauma surgeons. We are financially stable with immense growth opportunities on the horizon.
- Opened in 1972, Chippenham Hospital has provided and continues to provide a wide range of services to Central Virginia.
- Along with being a certified primary stroke center, services include cardiovascular, orthopedic, oncology, robotic surgery and more.
- Chippenham is a member of the HCA Healthcare network which is one of the nation's leading providers of healthcare services.
- HCA is made up of locally managed facilities that include more than 250 hospitals and freestanding surgery centers located in 20 U.S. states and in the United Kingdom.
- Hospital Website: www.chippenhammed.com
We offer full time employee benefits including:
- Competitive Compensation
- 401k Retirement Account
- Medical, Dental, Vision, Disability, Life Insurance
- $5,000/ yr CME Allowance
- Malpractice Coverage
- 7 on / 7 off scheduling
- Back-end operational support
- With lively neighborhoods and a vibrant restaurant scene, Richmond is a thriving hub for culture, shopping and outdoor fun.
- Named one of "12 Adventure Capitals", outdoor activities comprise of whitewater rafting on the James River, kayaking, golfing, hiking and NASCAR racing.
- Home of Virginia Commonwealth University and University of Richmond
- Median Home Price: $225,767; Median Age: 38.5
- Climate offers cool fall days with spectacular foliage, pleasant spring weather, generally mild winters, and hot summers.
- Visit Richmond: www.visitrichmondva.com
- 793-bed facility
- Provisional Level I (State of VA) & ACS Level II
- Central Virginia's busiest adult and pediatric ER (95k annual volume)
- Recently completed ED expansion including additional trauma bays
- Two trauma surgeons per day and night surgeon in-house
- Trauma designated OR's (16 total OR's)
- Trauma service covers acute care surgery
- High volume trauma (90% blunt and 10% penetrating)
- Approx 1300 admissions per year
- 32-bed Medical Surgical Trauma ICU (MSTICU) and 12 bed Trauma Stepdown unit, Chippenhamʼs newest unit
Trauma Surgeon Criteria:
- Board Eligible / Certified General Surgery with Trauma/ Surgical Critical Care Fellowship Preferred