Just like the children we serve, Children's is growing quickly and hiring a Trauma Outreach Coordinator who is responsible for initiating and maintaining outreach educational opportunities for referral agencies within our region. Work with the Trauma team in the coordination of outreach education to achieve comprehensive and integrated pediatric trauma care throughout our region. Work with the Trauma team to monitor the trauma care rendered to trauma patients within the Children’s hospital system to identify issues and/or trends in compliance with trauma standards. Develop, coordinate, implement and evaluate trauma outreach educational programs as well as injury prevention projects to improve the knowledge and practice of all staff from pre-hospital through rehabilitation/home care/outpatient.
Click listing for details.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES:
- Experience in program development preferred.
- Interpersonal communication skills as well as effective writing skills necessary to promote cooperation and to effectively work with nursing staff, physicians and other health care providers, conduct formal educational programs, deliver effective presentations and develop a variety of program proposals.
- Ability to work flexible hours (including weekends) to meet educational/injury prevention needs.
- Requires local, regional and state wide travel
- Ability to plan, direct and evaluate the work of other personnel involved in trauma care.
- Demonstrated ability to implement change.
- Demonstrated ability for problem solving/decision making.
- Basic knowledge of Microsoft Office (e.g., Word, Excel, PowerPoint, etc.)
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE:
- Bachelor’s degree from an accredited college or university in Nursing required
- Minimum of five (5) years nursing experience required including Emergency Department/Critical experience
- Previous experience in public speaking preferred
- Previous pediatric experience preferred
- Must possess valid current Nebraska RN license/Compact state license.
- Current and valid Basic Life Support (BLS) through the American Heart Association is required.
- Current and valid Pediatric Advanced Life Support (PALS) certification required
- Current and valid Trauma Nursing Course Certified (TNCC) and (TNCC-P)certification preferred
- Employees identified as high frequency drivers will be required to undergo a successful MVR check and meet the requirements of the policy.