The Trauma Performance Improvement Coordinator is responsible for the coordination and facilitation of the Trauma Performance Improvement Program, which encompasses all areas and disciplines of the hospital that participate in the care of injured patients. This role requires someone who can provide coordination and facilitation of performance improvement (PI) including data collection, analysis, trending, and benchmarking of data in order to improve patient care outcomes.
- Coordinate the trauma performance improvement program in collaboration with the Trauma Medical Director, Trauma Program Manager, trauma registry, and injury prevention programs.
- Collect, monitor, and track trauma PI issues related to patient care and system development using audit filters and trauma clinical practice guidelines.
- Monitor clinical processes and outcomes and system issues related to the quality of care provided.
- Develop quality filters, audits, and perform case reviews.
- Identify quality improvement opportunities through continual assessments.
- Review and assist with implementing evidence-based policies, procedures, protocols and best practice models/
- Review, analyze, and trend data outcomes/
- Assist with meeting minutes and case review notes to ensure they meet accrediting agency requirements.
- Work in collaboration with the trauma program manager to determine clinical educational needs.
- Identify and assist with injury prevention activities.
- Prior trauma, emergency department, and/or intensive care nursing experience.
- Solve problems by analyzing information and using logic to address issues and problems.
- Analyze data from performance improvement methods.
- Knowledge of quality domains of clinical improvement, safety science, operational improvement, patient experience, regulatory compliance, measurement, analysis, and reporting of data.
- Research and review evidence-based standards of care for consideration for implementation in facility workflows and care.
- Work in collaboration with team members and also independently to complete workload
- Manage conflict and tactfully handle complaints and difficult situations.
- Strong written and verbal communication.
- Experience with Microsoft products.