The Trauma PI Specialist supports the Trauma Program’s Performance Improvement and Patient Safety (PIPS) activities, including review of trauma care across the continuum of care, case finding, and audit of medical records.
Provides coordination and facilitation of performance improvement activities, including trending and benchmarking of data outcomes. This role also is responsible for the development, implementation and evaluation of Trauma Injury Prevention and community outreach programs, and develops relationships with established program leaders withi the community, a minimum of 0.2 FTE.
- Current Registered Nurse license in the state of Michigan
- Bachelors of Science in Nursing (BSN)
- Five years of recent nursing experience in surgical care, critical care, and/or an emergency department with increasing responsibility and interest in trauma care
- Current ACLS certification from AHA required before start date (valid at least 60 days beyond start date)
- Experience in quality improvement and patient safety
- TNCC (Trauma Nurse Core Curriculum), PALS, ENPC, ATCN, FCCS, CCRN