In collaboration with the Trauma Program leadership, is responsible for the coordination and facilitation of the Trauma Performance Improvement Program, which encompasses all areas and disciplines of the hospital that participates in the care of admitted injured patients. Provides coordination and facilitation of performance improvement data collection, analysis, and trending and benchmarking of data and outcomes. Also participates in Trauma Registry data collection. Collaborates closely with Trauma Program leadership to assure compliance with Trauma standards and guidelines.
1. Coordinates the Trauma Performance Improvement (PI) Program for the Trauma Program in collaboration with the Trauma Medical Director (TPMD) and Trauma Program Manager (TPM).
- Oversees the collection, tracking and benchmarking of trauma PI issues related to patient care and system development.
- Tracks all Trauma PI issues from all trauma units and disciplines, develops or assists others in developing action plans and ensures follow through on these plans
- Designs, runs and disseminates Trauma PI reports as needed
2. Maintenance of the Trauma PI database to ensure adequate documentation as required by Pennsylvania Trauma Systems Foundation (PTSF). Ability to produce clear effective reports and to track issues over time.
3. Assists with compliance with PTSF standards and other applicable regulatory standards.
4. Serves as an active member of trauma specific committees and is an active participant in strategic planning for the Trauma Program.
5. Abstracts data from patient records and enters them into the Trauma Registry via the Collector Software Program when needed during high volume/registry backlog.
Required Licenses, Certifications, Registrations
Pennsylvania RN License
Required Education and Experience
Required Education: Bachelors degree
Required Experience: At least two (2) years trauma patient care experience
Preferred Education, Experience, Licenses and/or Certifications
Preferred Education: Masters degree
• Pediatric specific trauma care experience
• Knowledge of Performance Improvement principles
• Knowledge of Trauma Registries, E-codes, ICD-10-CM coding and ISS coding
• Knowledge of Pa Outcomes V5 database
• Certified Professional in Healthcare Quality (CPHQ) certification
• Certified Professional Coder (CPC) certification OR Registered Health Information Administrator (RHIA) certification
• Advanced Trauma Care for Nurses (ATCN) certification