HCA Houston Healthcare Clear Lake is a 490-bed acute care facility offering inpatient and outpatient medical, surgical and specialty services. The campus includes Level II trauma capabilities, a Neuroscience Institute, The Heart & Vascular Hospital, a bariatrics program, the Breast Diagnostic Center, a wound care center, a level III Neonatal ICU, and the area’s only pediatric emergency department and pediatric ICU.
- Abstracts data from the patient’s chart including demographic characteristics, history of injuries, and modalities according to established guidelines/reviews in conformance with the HCA Houston Healthcare Clear Lake Trauma Registry.
- Tracks Trauma patients throughout hospital stay and monitors for outcomes on trauma patients.
- Completes Performance Improvement activities through concurrent review of patient care data for trends and early identification of complications and provides evidence of loop closure.
- Has working knowledge of the American College of Surgeons and Texas Department of State Health Services trauma care standards in all hospital settings.
- Serves as a member of Multidisciplinary Trauma Process Improvement Committee meetings, assisting in writing agendas and submitting to medical staffing.
- Prepares cases for review in Trauma Morbidity and Mortality meetings, keeps minutes and binders organized.
- Intervenes and resolves trauma related issues that may have a negative quality or cost outcomes.
- Performs other duties and special projects as assigned. Performance will be evaluated in terms of: a) level of participation; b) completion by due date; c) adherence to instructions; d) accuracy.
- Coordinates care to achieve targeted outcome through the use of evidenced based practice.
- Promotes collaborative practice between departments and identifies need for consultations.
- Documentation in the medical record all interactions, interventions, education and information pertaining to patient care.
- Report pertinent patient care data on trauma patients to the Director of Trauma.
- Collaborates with discharge planning and Social Work to coordinate plan of care and discharge.
- Collaborates with Director of Trauma, Educator and other departments to establish trauma standards and protocols.
- Assist Director of Trauma and Injury Prevention Coordinator in providing injury prevention education to patients, family, and staff.
- Has a minimum of 3-years recent Emergency Department, Critical Care or Trauma nursing care.
- Graduate of accredited school of nursing; BSN
- Current Texas licensure with the State Board of Nurse Examiners
- Current CPR Certification through the American Heart Association.
- Complete (AAAM) Association for the Advancement of Automotive Medicine course within twelve months of employment.
- Complete Trauma Outcomes Performance Improvement Course (TOPIC) within twelve months of employment.
- TNCC certification within six months of employment.
- ACLS and PALS/ENPC certification within six months of employment.
- Preferred ENPC and TNCC Instructor certification within eighteen months of employment.
- Complete the Trauma Registrar or Data Management course within 12 months of employment.