To collect, validate, aggregate and display data for the purpose of identifying trends in care and potential opportunities for improvement. Assists in data collection and aggregation for special projects and presentations, including external and internal quality management activities. Maintains and submits data to national and regional databases and for compliance with State of NH Bureau of EMS and the American College of Surgery.
Under the general direction of the Director of Emergency Services and the direct supervision of the Trauma Program Coordinator and within established departmental policies and procedures, the incumbent performs the following functions:
1. Abstraction from clinical records and databases according to established data set criteria.
2. Questions and follows up on variations in data utilizing clinical reasoning skills and statistical analysis.
3. Tabulates, reports, and displays results using computer applications from various databases.
4. Demonstrates extensive knowledge and understanding of database software supported system and key departments that use the system. Participates in the development of policies and procedures related to databases.
5. Collaborates with committees and departments to electronically collect, aggregate, analyze and display data for the CMC Trauma Program, Emergency Department, Emergency Medical Services, and the CMC Board of Directors.
6. Participates in research, project design, and collection and summarization of data as assigned.
7. Ensures confidentiality and integrity of established policies and procedures regarding data and system security including but not limited to Catholic Medical Center, departmental, The Joint Commission, HIPAA, NH State and federal rules and regulations. Maintains appropriate documentation related to these requirements.
8. Maintains confidentiality of employee, legal, budget, and Catholic Medical Center. Maintains good communications; establishes and maintains positive working relationships with employees, regulatory agencies, and vendors.
9. Maintains a Trauma Database to collect and distribute data.
10. Work with the Performance Improvement department to assist with organization initiatives.
11. Participates in programs/projects which facilitate the attainment of organization goals.
12. Performs similar or related duties as requested.
- Bachelors Degree preferred or equivalent experience.
- A minimum of three (3) years healthcare related experience utilizing applicable software applications.
- Demonstrated application of medical/patient data collection and validation.
- Minimum of two (2) years experience with computer software applications including Windows, Microsoft Office, Access, Excel, PowerPoint, and database management software required.