The Trauma Program Coordinator is responsible for the development, implementation and evaluation of the trauma program. Through collaboration with the Trauma Medical Director, this individual is responsible for execution of Trauma Center operations related to Pennsylvania Trauma Systems Foundation (PTSF) Standards, trauma performance improvement activities, , community outreach activities, EMS collaboration, registry data abstraction, and staff education and development activities.
- Develop, implement and evaluate trauma services.
- Implement, evaluate and update trauma strategic plan.
- Develop, implement and evaluate policies, procedures, performance improvement activities, clinical management guidelines, and CME compliance as per the PTSF Standards for Trauma Center Accreditation.
- Establish and maintain the provision of outstanding customer service as a performance expectation for all trauma staff.
- Initiate actions, new approaches, policies, and programs to facilitate continual improvement of trauma services.
- Establish a presence of leadership and develop effective working relationships with administration, medical, hospital and nursing staffs.
- Manage daily operations of trauma in a systematic manner to improve operational effectiveness and ensure quality of services.
- Responsible for trauma registry data, reports and compliance with PTSF Standards
- Establish a presence in the trauma community on a local, regional and national level.
- Demonstrate/model the hospital’s core values and customer service behaviors in interactions with all customers (internal and external).
- Maintains confidentiality of all materials handled within the network/entity as well as the proper release of information.
- Complies with network and departmental policies regarding issues of employees, patient and environmental safety and follows appropriate reporting requirements.
- Demonstrates/models the Network’s Service Excellence Standards of Performance in interactions with all customers (internal and external).
- Demonstrates Performance Improvement in the following areas as appropriate: Clinical Care/Outcomes, Customer/Service Improvement, Operational System/Process and Safety.
- Demonstrates financial responsibility and accountability through the effective and efficient use of resources in daily procedures, processes and practices.
- Complies with network and departmental policies regarding attendance and dress code.
- Demonstrates competency in the assessment, range of treatment, knowledge of growth and development and communication appropriate to the age of the patient treated.
- Serves as the primary trauma registry contact with the external organizations to promote educational and professional development.
Trauma Education/Community Outreach
Develops implements, manages, monitors, and evaluates the trauma program education. The Trauma Education Program which includes staff education, community outreach, and injury prevention and control.
- Promotes and maintains clinical expertise in trauma nursing at St. Luke’s Hospital.
- Serves as a clinical resource and a role model for staff.
- Develops and coordinates trauma education for designated trauma units.
- Coordinates the Trauma Nurse Course & Rural Trauma Team Development Course..
- Develops, Implements, and monitors comprehensive injury control and prevention program suited to all ages to meet the needs of patients, families, staff, and the community.
- Oversees tracking of the hospital staff involved in care of the trauma patient CME requirement.
- Demonstrates competency in the assessment, range of treatment, knowledge of growth and development and communication appropriate to the age of the population you are serving.
- Serves as a liaison to community organizations, schools, and churches which require extensive correspondence, special arrangements, facilities management, ordering necessary items and/or equipment.
- Complies data for departmental reports for Injury Prevention Programs.
EMS/Trauma Liaison Responsibilities
- Serves as a liaison between St. Luke’s Hospital, the trauma program, and prehospital services.
- Assists with the coordination of pre-hospital continuing educational programs through the St. Luke’s Monroe service area.
- Coordinates Trauma Performance activities with pre-hospital EMS squads.
- Tracks all community and pre-hospital educational activities related to the trauma program.
- Other related duties as assigned.