Saddlebrook Associates is pleased to be representing a premiere leadership opportunity in Trauma Services in the beautiful Rocky Mountain Western US.
Our client is a large teaching hospital and tertiary Level 1 Trauma Center with ER visits nearing 100,000 and 2,300 trauma admissions annually. The facility is also a regional referral center for neurotrauma and orthopedic trauma, the only burn center/reconstructive center in the region, and a TJC-certified Comprehensive Stroke Center. These services will keep the ideal candidate happily engaged in trauma care at the highest levels of acuity in an advanced, state-of-the-art, trauma-focused facility.
Trauma Program Director – Position Mission
The key components of the position are to work dynamically with the trauma leadership team to manage the program and focus on process improvement, quality, and programmatic rules/regulations.
First-year targets include:
- Create a multidisciplinary action plan to address prepare for next survey.
- Evaluate current departmental strengths and align to maximize effectiveness.
- Review ACS Chapter 16 core measures data and make recommendations accordingly.
On an ongoing basis:
- Supervise daily operations of the trauma program.
- Direct ongoing patient tracking, abstracting, and data entry of trauma service patients into the trauma registry data bank.
- Supervise patient data transfer to the state, ACS, and TQIP for benchmarking.
- Ensure trauma registry data and QA activities comply with state and national guidelines, including state trauma rules and regulations, ACS Committee on Trauma Optimal Guidelines, and Joint Commission criteria.
- Meet all requirements set by the state for trauma program leadership: active involvement in the state trauma system, continuous quality improvement in trauma care, and educational activities, to include injury prevention.
- Assist with budget development and monitoring.
The Trauma Team
The Trauma Program Director reports directly to the hospital CEO and works dynamically with the Trauma Program Medical Director and Divisional Director of Trauma and EMS. The energy and enthusiasm of this team are boundless! And the trauma staff is a hand-picked “dream team” comprised of 1.0 Trauma Registry Manager, 1.0 PIPS Coordinator, 3.50 Trauma Nurse Coordinators, 2.0 registrars (managed by trauma registry manager), 2.0 PRN trauma registrars, 1.0 ATLS Coordinator, .50 CME/Education Coordinator, 1.0 Injury Prevention RN, 2.0 staff dedicated to Trauma Outreach (not direct reports of TPD).
Ideal Candidate Profile – Background Requirements
- Established nurse leader with Trauma Program experience at an ACS-verified Level 1 or Level 2 trauma center required, knowledgeable of all ACS trauma rules and regulations, ACS trauma verification processes, adept in trauma operations, with some business development experience.
- Bachelor of Science in Nursing required, Master’s degree and/or ATCN Instructor status preferred.
- Experience in trauma program research a plus.
Ideal Candidate Profile – Soft Skills Requirements
- Our ideal candidate will have an assertive, competitive personality and will be high-energy, driven, with a “fire in the belly” and results orientation. Self-motivated to achieve excellence in all program elements, collaborative, able to gain consensus across disciplines and work seamlessly with clinical and administrative partners. Excellent leader, manager, mentor, team player. Able to focus on what’s important now.
- Communication style will be open, approachable, transparent. Vision will be big-picture focused. Leadership persona is savvy and resolute. An excellent conflict resolver. Relates well with physicians. Someone ambitious to raise the academic research bar in preparation for conference presentations.
Compensation & Benefits
Competitive compensation, corporate benefit package, opportunity bonus program.
If it sounds like this position may be an attractive next step in your life and career, contact Robbie Sewell by phone, 303-800-0718, or email email@example.com. All inquiries and discussions are strictly confidential.