The Trauma Program Manager, in consultation and collaboration with the Trauma Director, evaluates, plans, organizes, coordinates and manages the implementation of the non-physician activities of the Trauma Program in keeping with the requirements of the Pennsylvania Trauma Systems Foundation (PTSF), the Hospital’s Strategic Plan and Mission Statement.
• Manages activities of the Trauma department
• Reviews and evaluates patient condition reports
• May participate with physicians in developing specific services for individual patients
• Implements and maintains established practices, procedures and objectives
• Serves as liaison with all professional, administrative and support staff
• Prepares reports on the activities of the operation for review by senior administration.
• Required skills: Knowledge of clinical skills required in all phases of trauma care; Demonstrates excellent oral and written communication skills
• Preferred Skills: Knowledge of Trauma Center Systems as identified by the PTSF, to include Trauma Registry methods and Trauma clinical quality
Education: Current Pennsylvania Registered Nurse License or Temporary Practice Permit required; Bachelor Degree in any directly related field, including but not limited to, nursing or health care management; Master’s Degree preferred
• Experience: Experience working with a trauma system required; Supervisory or management experience required