Under the direction of the CNO and VPO, this individual will coordinate and supervise the overall function of the Trauma Program. The scope of the position includes knowledge of: complex trauma and emergency surgery patients, tele-neurology, tele-stroke, quality and safety programs, clinical education, and finance and budget recommendations and process. This will require working collaboratively with physicians, nurses, and ancillary personnel. Trauma services include the emergency medical service providers, emergency department, operating room, intensive care units, all clinical support departments, and patient care units.
- Bachelor's degree in Nursing required, masters preferred.
- Current NH RN license
- ACLS and TNCC certification required.
- 5 years of clinical trauma experience
- Extensive knowledge of current professional nursing theory, practice and skills with particular emphasis on the area of trauma and emergency surgery.
- Knowledge of all phases of trauma care to include pre-hospital, resuscitation, stabilization, critical care, convalescent care and rehabilitation and organ/tissue inquiry.
- Effective time management, evaluation and complex thinking skills required.
- Strong interpersonal skills, problem solving, detail orientation and communication required.