The South Dakota Trauma System is a dynamic and highly functional statewide system of care with an objective to treat, transport, and continuously improve trauma care in South Dakota. The Trauma Program Manager (TPM) works directly with the state’s 60 healthcare facilities and 125 Emergency Medical Service agencies. The TPM is responsible for on-site trauma reviews at critical access hospitals and designated facilities. In addition, the TPM facilitates monthly regional performance improvement webinars, which is one of the pillars of the trauma system. The TPM day to day role supports local trauma coordinators/registrars along with trauma registry oversight and reporting.
The Trauma Program Manager serves an essential role in leading, promoting, and strengthening trauma care across South Dakota. The South Dakota Department of Health seeks an experienced healthcare leader to continue to build upon the successful efforts of the state’s trauma system.
Licenses and Certifications:
Must be licensed or be eligible to be licensed as a Registered Nurse (RN) in South Dakota.
The Ideal Candidate Will Have:
- demonstrated experience in the care of the acutely injured trauma patient;
- thorough understanding of patient movement from the point of injury to definitive care;
- working knowledge of Emergency Medical Services in South Dakota;
- demonstrated history of effective communication and critical thinking;
- working knowledge of trauma registries with the ability to analyze and report findings;
- the ability to create excitement and program promotion.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
- establish and maintain effective working relationships with key healthcare partners;
- establish, execute, and improve program deliverables with continual review and reinforcement;
- work well in a team environment and work independently with minimal supervision;
- thorough understanding of or ability to learn system of care development;
- demonstrated history of caring for acutely injured trauma patients;
- ability to review, analyze and report data effectively;
- knowledge of trauma registries and/or electronic medical record platforms;
- ability to adapt to changing healthcare needs;
- effective communication skills;
- strong critical thinking skills.
Additional Requirements: Please attach a resume with your application.