Notice: Undefined variable: premium_members_only in /home/traumane/public_html/wp-content/plugins/wpjobboard/templates/job-board/single.php on line 39
- Abstracts data from medical record and other sources, enters data into Trauma Registry concurrently and retrospectively
- Data entry is performed accurately, as evidenced through quality review /data validation structure
- Organizational skills are demonstrated in managing records and data bases at two hospital sites.
- Work is efficient in order to stay current in abstraction
- Independently runs standard and ad hoc reports at regular intervals and as needed.
- Manages spread sheets for meaningful, accurate reporting.
- Produces graphic information for program reports and as needed.
- Partners with IS personnel to maintain reporting system.
- Provides meaningful data within time frames determined in protocol
- Produces documents accurately, in timely manner
- Demonstrates proficiency in word processing program, data base programs use of graphics software
- Maintains departmental record books up to date
- Assists with educational events and other departmental projects as needed.
2-year Health Information Technician graduate, or 4-year Health Information Administrator graduate, or currently enrolled in HIT program.
- Coding Data Specialist II –RHIT/RHIA eligible
- Previous data entry/registry experience preferable
- Strong computer skills required, especially experience with databases and graphics.
- Knowledge of ICD-10 coding classifications.
- Ability to read and interpret healthcare provider documents.
- Detail oriented.
- Ability to interpret medical and anatomical terminology.
- Ability to maintain confidentiality in all phases of work.
- Ability to work independently and to work with other coders as a team when needed.
- Ability to communicate (written or oral) with healthcare providers about inconsistencies in documentation.
- Ability to work harmoniously with medical staff and ancillary support services departments.
- Ability to be flexible and adapt to change.
- Strong organizational skills with ability to prioritize workload.