The ED Trauma Registrar under the supervision of the Trauma Program Coordinator of Trauma Program Services will perform in accordance with the policies, procedures, philosophy, and objectives of the Trauma Service and the hospital. The ED Trauma Registrar works cooperatively within the department and other services to create a system of quality health care.
- The ED Trauma Registrar is the individual whose primary responsibility will be to assist in the overall daily operation of the Trauma Registry.
- They will facilitate and organize the process of case identification, data entry, data retrieval utilizing the medical record and other supporting documents for data entry, obtain follow-up from affiliate hospitals, abstract data for required reporting and data submission to State and Federal Data Registries and will run Trauma Registry Reports and audits as requested. Further responsibilities are to assist the Trauma Program Coordinator with preparation for Trauma Service meetings. To comply with all State and Federal legislation concerning the collection, reporting and confidentiality of data.
- Act as the concurrent data collector for the Trauma Service. Facilitate the recording and analysis of injury related patient data, according to the defined Trauma Registry Inclusion Criteria established by the Trauma Service.
- Collaborate with the Trauma Program Coordinator to organize and facilitate case identification, data retrieval and other supporting documents necessary for data entry and abstraction.
- Obtain follow-up from affiliate hospitals; comply with all state and federal legislation concerning the collection, reporting and confidentiality of patient data
- To assist in the overall daily operation of the registry
- Demonstrate the ability to function independently.
- Prepare data for reporting to required State and Federal Data Registries.
- Provide Trauma Registry reports as requested from the Trauma Program
- Run appropriate reports to capture specific trauma patient populations on a monthly basis to assist in data analysis, performance improvement and to further establish a trauma database that supports and audits other activities of The Trauma Service.
- Jointly with the Trauma Program Coordinator analyzes data from Trauma Registry identifies and measures any performance improvement activities. Such as but not limited to:
- o Occurrence Screening, Rate based Indicators,
- o Outcome Indicators, Injury Prevention
- o Initiatives, External Comparisons, State
- o required Indicators, American College of
- o Surgeon indicators
- Maintain education and development appropriate for the position. Computer skills and knowledge of Microsoft applications and Medical terminology is necessary.
- Jointly with the Trauma Program Coordinator develops and maintains a Trauma Registry Policy and Procedure Manual.
- Will assist during the American College of Surgeons on-site review visit
- Attend the quarterly Trauma Committee Meeting and assist in the organization of the meeting, including, but not limited to chart preparation