This position reports to the Director Emergency Services and Critical Care Service Line and assists in the management and function of the State Trauma Registry. Ensures Trauma Registry meets and maintains state requirements for certification. Performs duties of the Trauma Registrar by identifying, abstracting, compiling, reviewing information and reporting this information to IDPH State Trauma Registry related to patients diagnosed with or treated for traumatic injury at UnityPoint Health Trinity
· Reviews all medical records with diagnoses and treatments related to trauma. Abstracts and records and codes information such as demographic characteristics, history, extent of injuries, diagnostic procedures, treatments and enters into trauma registry database. Enters eligible patient cases of injured patients into the Trauma Registry.
· Ensures eligible data is entered into correct field on computer screen and verifies entered data against original document. Extracts ICD codes and financial information from the medical record and hospital computerized medical record system.
· Enters data into the EMS state registry by established deadlines.
· Assists with the gathering and processing of data for the monthly trauma meetings, to include trauma case audit summary.
· Performs duties of other clerical jobs within department as time permits or work load requires.
· Assists with classes/courses offered by Trauma Services.
· Prepares Trauma Surgeons’ monthly vouchers for Trauma on call services.
· Completes Data Summary Sheet for trauma advisory committee on quarterly basis.
· Prepares statistical reports from the trauma registry when needed
· High school diploma or equivalent experience.
· Previous medical record experience
· Knowledge of medical terminology, anatomy and physiology License(s)/Certification(s):
· Cardio Pulmonary Resuscitation (CPR) Certification · Knowledge/Skills/Abilities:
· Microsoft Office
· Relationship management
· Managing priorities/deadlines
· Communication-written & verbal · Technical aptitude – ability to learn new systems quickly
· Familiar with healthcare industry and system dynamics Other:
· Registry experience