Maintains the Trauma Registry by capturing accurate and complete information on all patients entered into the Trauma Registry, and assisting the Manager in trending aggregate data to evaluate Trauma Program performance. Responsibilities include: identifying patients with diagnosis meeting Trauma criteria; abstracting medical records for trauma registry information, coding their diagnoses according to AIS scoring data; and electronically submitting trauma registry data to the State. Maintains all quality assurance issues related to the registry. Produces reports from the trauma registry for injury research, performance/quality improvement and clinic administration for Manager’s review, to evaluate trauma program performance, and to identify quality improvement opportunities in collaboration with manager.
- Two years’ experience working in an acute care hospital setting that demonstrates attainment of the requisite job knowledge skills/abilities.
- Completion of a recognized course of study from a certified or accredited organization for: Trauma Registrar, Nurse/Medical Assistant, or Health Information Coder preferred.
- Work experience in an acute care hospital in an Emergency department preferred.
- Certification (CCS and/or A.R.T.) by the American Health Information Management Association preferred.
- CSTR (Certified Specialist in Trauma Registries) preferred.