The Trauma Registrar reports to the Director of Trauma Services and in collaboration with the Director of Trauma Services, he Trauma Registrar will assist with the coordination and data tracking of the trauma patient’s care throughout the hospital and support the stated mission, vision and values of Medical Center Arlington and the philosophy of the Department of Nursing.
- Identifies all patient cases that meet criteria for inclusion in the trauma registry database.
- Reviews medical records in detail to obtain required elements needed for trauma registry reporting.
- Consults with physicians or other clinical staff as needed for the assistance with acquiring trauma case reporting information.
- Maintains and updates trauma registry software as needed.
- Reports and/or transmits hospital data in a timely and complete manner as required by Texas Department of Health and Human Services (State Registry) and the American College of Surgeons (National Trauma Data Bank).
- Retrieves and analyzes registry data and disseminates trauma information and reports as requested.
- Ensures system is in place to monitor validity of data abstraction and entry. In collaboration with the Director Trauma Services sets standards for data entry, implements necessary procedures, and provide documentation for all registry related functions.
- Works closely with Trauma Medical Director, Director Trauma Services, Trauma Coordinator, hospital staff members, and physicians to maintain trauma designation status.
- Actively participates in Trauma Performance Improvement Program including data analysis, medical record extrapolation, and data entry for the trauma registry.
- Actively participates in education activities to include trauma registry related education programs.
- Participates in the development of trauma care systems at the community, state, and/or national level as needed.
- Actively participates in providing outreach education and or data for injury prevention purposes.
- Demonstrate commitment to customer focused care, star service and service recovery.
- Promote involvement of self and staff in health promotion/educational community activities; community involvement, life time learning and nursing research.
- Attendance and being on time, ready to work your scheduled hours is an essential job function.
- Association for the Advancement of Automotive Medicine (AAAM) and Trauma Registry Course
- Must have computer experience including use of Microsoft Word, Excel, PowerPoint, and Outlook.
- Experience in the Emergency Department and/or pre-hospital EMS experience preferred; previous experience with ICD-9 Coding and medical terminology preferred; previous trauma registrar experience preferred.
- required within 12 months of hire