You can make a difference in people’s lives every day. When you join UCLA Health, you’ll be working at an institution that provides leading-edge care to the people of L.A. and throughout the world. We provide our team members with the environment and support to do amazing work, because each and every one of them plays a vital role in our commitment to care.
The Trauma Registrar for Ronald Reagan UCLA Medical Center will work on-site in Los Angeles and provide primary support to the Trauma Program Manager. The Trauma Registrar will identify all patients for entry into the trauma registry, abstract data from the medical record and enter information into the trauma registry database. Accurately assigns injury, diagnostic, procedure and complication codes. This is a part-time position.
- At least 1 year of coding experience or previous experience working with trauma registry databases and handling medical information in a hospital setting
- Knowledge in ICD-10 coding, abstracting and data management
- Knowledge of anatomy and physiology
- Knowledge of medical and other department specific terminology including spelling and definitions
- Knowledge of computers, electronic medical records and hospital information systems
- Knowledge of data entry and statistical reports
- Working knowledge of Microsoft Access, Word and Excel
- Strong analytical skills
- Demonstrate effective verbal and written communication skills to achieve goals and objectives of department
- Certified Specialist in Trauma Registry (preferred)