Responsible for complete and accurate review of all trauma patient records, collecting data for the PA Trauma Systems Foundation (PTSF), trauma services medical record abstract and decision support in managing the care of the trauma patient. Maintains and protects the integrity of the Trauma Registry database, including data management, data analysis, report writing and statistical and graphic output of trauma data.
- High school diploma/GED.
- Registered Health Information Administrator (RHIA), Registered Health Information Technologist (RHIT) or completion of certificate/degree in allied health profession is preferred.
- Two (2) years of experience as an allied health professional is essential.
- Working knowledge of ICD-10-CM and personal computers is essential.
- Typing skills and statistical abilities are essential.
- Knowledge of quality care audit procedures is preferred.
- Completion of AAAM AIS courses preferred.