The Trauma Registrar is responsible for data collection, data entry, and data completion of the trauma patient population. The Registrar is responsible for data submission/distribution/report generation to the Alabama Trauma and Health System within the designated time frame. The Alabama Trauma and Health System includes trauma, STEMI, and stroke patient populations. The Trauma Registrar will ensure delivery of data to the American College of Surgeons, Alabama Department of Public Health, and Alabama Trauma and Health System. The Registrar should have the ability to create spreadsheets and maintain departmental dashboards. The Registrar will assist with initiatives as determined by the Emergency Department Director.
EDUCATION, EXPERIENCE, TRAINING
1. High School Diploma, or equivalent.
2. 3 years of medical experience required; emergency department experience preferred.
3. Current BCLS (AHA) certificate upon hire and maintain current.
4. BVP 30 days upon hire and maintain current.
5. Proficient in Microsoft applications
6. Strong knowledge of medical terminology, required.
7. Experience with EPIC preferred.
8. Data entry skills, knowledge of basic anatomy, ICD-10-CM coding, E-codes, and Injury Severity Scoring preferred.