Providence is calling a Trauma Registrar Specialist ( Quality Assurance , Day Shift, 1.0 FTE) to Providence Health Care in Eastern Washington. We are a community of caregivers delivering every day on our Mission to provide compassionate care that is accessible for all – especially those who are poor and vulnerable.
- Maintains the Trauma Register on all trauma patients admitted to the Medical Center. Assures accuracy and timely completion of records within two weeks of discharge from the Medical Center.
- Responsible for collecting, entering, scoring, coding, and data validation processes related to the Washington State Trauma Registry.
- Assists in identifying and documenting patient charges and securing state appropriated funds for trauma care reimbursement.
- Provides a letter of follow-up regarding the trauma patient’s course of care to the referring hospital, in a timely manner, for transferred patients.
- Performs additional assigned duties in the absence of the Trauma Office Coordinator as directed by the manager/director.
Required qualifications for this position include:
- High School Diploma or equivalent
- Course(s) in medical terminology or equivalent knowledge
- Course(s) in human anatomy
- 1 year of experience in a healthcare or related setting
- 1 year of medical record abstracting and/or coding experience
- 1 year of medical registry experience or at least 2 years of working in a healthcare-related field
- Experience with injury severity coding and reimbursement coding
Preferred qualifications for this position include:
- Certified Specialists in Trauma Registers (CSTR) certification
- Certified Coding Specialist (CCS) or similar medical coding certification
- Course(s) in medical coding