As a Trauma Registrar with St. Vincent Health-IN, you will have the opportunity to manage all components of the Trauma Registry, including data collection, data entry, and data retrieval/statistical conversion.
- Reviews trauma admission records for data collection and abstraction.
- Analyzes all records for quality assurance trauma standards recommended by governing bodies and as stipulated by regulatory groups.
- Performs the abstraction, coding (ICD) and application of all trauma data points in the registry taken primarily from inpatient trauma cases.
- Apprises program coordinator of all relevant trauma audit filter inconsistencies via periodic quality assurance reports. Produces various other quality assurance reports as directed.
- Preferred Credential(s):
- Registrar specializing in Trauma Registry.
- High school diploma or GED required
- Prefer bachelors degree.
- Requires past experience in healthcare, and medical terminology.
- Prefer experience in healthcare coding.