With a level I trauma center, Scripps Memorial Hospital La Jolla is committed to providing excellent emergency care. Our trauma research team works to improve efforts to evaluate, rescucitate and manage critically injured patients. The Trauma Research Associate will be joining a close-knit team that prides itself in their impact on improving patient care. This position is ideal for a research professional experienced in data analysis and statistics with strong attention to detail.
The Trauma Research Associate supports the Trauma Research Director and Data Quality Coordinator with all research related activities including development of IRB approved trauma research, pilot studies and performance improvement (PI) projects. Assists with maintenance and oversight of all data quality of the Trauma Registry including development of reports and related analyses for the Trauma Service and those necessary for epidemiologic research. Assists with preparation of all required data to San Diego County and national trauma databases. Assists with documentation and follow-up of all utilization of the trauma registry database, including data requests for research or performance improvement projects. Assists with management of all IRB studies, including development and maintenance. Responsible for management of all human subjects training certification for all research staff, including notification of renewals and new training. Supportive role with all injury prevention strategy development and outreach efforts. Must be able to work independently, demonstrating dedication, high productivity, analytical skills, critical thinking and self-management in a fast paced environment while meeting strict deadlines.
- BS or BA required
- Understanding and experience with epidemiologic methodology and study design, data collection and GCP (Good Clinical Practice) guidelines
- Demonstrate ability to work collaboratively and communicate effectively
- Excellent written and oral English skills coupled with expert grammatical and proof reading skills
- High level proficiency with data analysis presentation through basic statistical analyses, graphing and tables
- High level proficiency with Microsoft Excel and PowerPoint
- Proficient with Microsoft Office Suite, Endnote, Adobe, and scientific software.
- Completion of AAAM coding and trauma registrar coursework within one year of employment
- Certification in trauma registry (CSTR) within 2 years.
- Prefer 2+ years of experience with IRB approved research, including sponsored clinical trials
- Knowledge of AAAM injury severity coding is highly desirable
- Masters Level in public health, biostatistics or epidemiology
- Certification in clinical research (CCRP, CCRC, CRC)
- Knowledge and experience with the National Trauma Database (NTDB), Trauma Quality Improvement Program (TQIP), ISS (Injury Severity Scoring) AIS (Anatomical Injury Scaling) and AAAM (Association of Automotive Medicine) coding conventions.