The 16th Annual “Circle of Survival” Trauma Conference will take place Wednesday, May 23, 2018, at the Bayou City Event Center in Houston.
This annual conference hosted by Harris Health provides registered nurses and other healthcare professionals with current information on the management and treatment of injured patients. Sessions include:
- Pediatric Trauma: Interesting Cases and the Evidence Behind Them (Adam Vogel, MD, FACS, FAAP)
- FAST/eFAST Exams (Gladston Hackett, MD)
- Value of Extending the FAST Exam (Tyson Pillow, MD and Chad Wilson, MD, MPH, FACS)
- Early Total Care vs. Damage-Control Orthopedics: How Do We Choose? (John Dawson, MD)
- The Cutting Edge of Pre-Hospital Trauma Care (Cameron Decker, MD, LP, FACEP)
- Bridging Cultural Gaps in America: Intersection of Race, Violence, and Medicine (Brian Williams, MD, FACS)
- Psychological Issues in Trauma Patients (Sriram Ravipatti, MD)
- Hidden Universe: Gang Tattoos and Secret Meanings (Adam Hitt/FBI)
- Suicide After Discharge: An Update (Dwayne Wolf, MD, PhD)
- Live Free or Die: A History of Gun Violence in America (Mario Vera, MD)
Nurses attending the conference are eligible for 7.0 contact hours. Continuing education credits have been submitted for approval for EMS professionals, social workers, respiratory therapists, and physical/occupational therapists.
The early bird rate (deadline May 14) is $45 for Harris Health employees, $55 for non-Harris healthcare providers and $45 for students. The regular and walk-in rate is $65 for all attendees. Registration fees include continental breakfast, lunch and snacks.
To register for Circle of Survival Trauma Conference, click here.