The 2018 Creighton Trauma Symposium will take place on June 15 in Omaha, Nebraska. The focus of this year’s event is the Stop the Bleed campaign.
This year’s special symposium guest is Lenworth Jacobs, MD, MPH, FACS, chairman of the Hartford Consensus and leader of the ACS Stop the Bleed Program.
During his keynote speech, Dr. Jacobs will explain the origins of Stop the Bleed, outline its objectives, and explain how trauma leaders can implement this program at the local, regional and state level. (To find out more, read Stop the Bleed could provide ‘herd immunity’ against exsanguination: Interview with Dr. Lenworth Jacobs.)
Full range of topics
The symposium will also cover “Controversies and Challenges in Trauma Surgery,” moderated by Michel Wagner, MD, FACS. This session will address:
- Carotid Injuries: Lethal Injuries Requiring Complex Surgical Techniques (Juan A. Asensio, MD, FACS, FCCM, FRCS (England), KM)
- Bleeding Kills (Andrew B. Peitzman, MD, FACS)
- The Navy’s Role in Military and Civilian Catastrophes (Miguel A. Cubano, MD, MBA, FACS)
During the “Secrets of the Master Trauma Surgeons” session, experts will discuss key issues in trauma patient management:
- Traumatic Brain Injury: Changes in Management Across the Spectrum of Age and Time (Gail T. Tominaga, MD, FACS)
- Immunology in the Trauma Patient (Christine S. Cocanour, MD, FACS, FCCM)
- Antibiotics in Trauma Patients: Friends vs. Foes (Philip S. Barie, MD, MBA, Master CCM, FIDSA, FACS)
Other sessions will cover contemporary challenges for hospital-based trauma professionals and interprofessional approaches to challenging trauma cases.
Register to attend
The 2018 Creighton Trauma Symposium is approved for continuing education credit for physicians, nurses, pharmacy and EMS providers.
For full information, visit the 2018 Creighton Trauma Symposium page.
To sign up to attend, visit the symposium registration page on Eventbrite.