The Trauma Center Association of America (TCAA) 2021 Virtual Conference will take place from April 19 to May 7. The online conference will feature nationally recognized experts in trauma center leadership and a full slate of specialized trauma education programs.
The main Annual Meeting portion of the conference is scheduled for May 4 and 5. Sessions and speakers will include:
- A Call to Arms: The Need for a Trauma Institute at the NIH (Martin Schreiber)
- The River Grows Wide: The Downstream Impact of Trauma (John Osborn)
- A Public Health Approach to Firearm Injury Prevention (Deborah Kuhls, Eileen Bulger, Eileen Whalen, Laura Gamino)
- Crisis Leadership: Lessons from our Nation’s Heroes (Alex Eastman)
- Trauma Resuscitation: Translating Military Lessons Learned into the Civilian Sector (Kathleen Martin)
- Not for Sale: Closing the Market on Human Trafficking (Beth Batcher, Danielle Bastien, Diana Starace)
- Advancing the Trauma PI Process: Improving Quality and Wellbeing (John Kepros, Tina Sheppard)
- What’s New in Trauma Verification: A Reviewer’s Perception (William Marx)
Attendees will also have the option of taking part in several pre- and post-conference courses and workshops, including:
- Society of Trauma Nurses’ TOPIC Course
- TCAA Advanced Medical Director Course
- TCAA Finance & Business Courses
- TCAA Dynamic Leadership Team Course
- Trauma Advanced Registry Prep Course
- TCAA PTSD and Mental Health Care After Injury Workshop
- STN Optimal Trauma Center Organization & Management Course
- ATS Trauma Program Manager Course
- TPC Injury Prevention Professionals Symposium
- AAAM Understanding AIS: Practical Information for TMDs/TPMs/Researchers
- TCAA Grantsmanship 101 Workshop
For full details on topics, speakers and session times, visit the conference home page: TCAA 2021 Virtual Conference.
To register for the conference, visit the TCAA 2021 Registration Page.